Monday, December 27, 2004

Day 17

Mark picked me up from my apartment and went straight to ATTOMS this morning at 7.30am. As I stayed up quite late last night, I was barely awake the whole morning. The reason I stayed up so late was because I was waiting patiently for my final examination results to be released. Anyway, I am pretty happy that I passed all the papers and most of my friends passed all their papers as well.Okay, back to my work so far for today. I was in ATTOMS until around 10am. Actually, the Odyssey performance test meeting last for only 1 hour, the meeting adjourned at 9am. But after that, Mark was talking to a couple of people and I was struggling to keep my eyes opened. After standing beside them for one hour, Mark called a cab for me and asked me to go back to the office first. I was really happy to leave that place because I don’t want to face them with my sleepy look. Haha! The cab journey was the first experience I’ve got here in New Zealand. Never taken a cab here before. The short 5 minutes journey from Northcote to City cost me 20 bucks! Oh my gosh! How would people willing to pay for a taxi? Luckily Transit is paying for the taxi fare, if not, I rather walk or probably take a bus instead of taxi!First thing I did after arriving in Transit was to go to the nearby mart to get a can of lift, as I was really sleepy and tired. Then after that, I went straight into work. From 10.30am to 2pm, non-stop working. I was working on the graph making of the traffic flow data for three days in conjunction with the fatal accident happened recently. At first I plotted everything nicely in separate graphs, just when I was about to hand in my work to Mark, I realised that it would be better if I collate all the graphs together. Then, I started building graphs, which better summarises the data given. That’s why I took an additional 2 hours to build the 16 graphs I have now. Anyway, it’s 3.20pm now, I’m wondering whether if I got further job to do for the day. If not, I’ll go home at 4.30pm.Mark pop into my room at around 4pm, I was then talking to him about the graphs I plotted and mentioned about the aerial photos needed as an attachment to the graphs showing the exact location of the camera. I was asked to scan the map borrowed from another colleague of mine. And then, I was asked to reprint the map in A3 format. That took me a while to get it done, as I was already half blur. I’ve worked for more than 8 hours already… can’t blame me for being blur now.Later, with a map on my hand, and also the RP (route position) stated, I tried to locate the sites. I had no idea what RP means, and that’s why, Mark gave me a file consists of aerial photographs for the ATMS sites. Based on my logical thought and a bit of guessing luck, I tried to locate the 4 traffic flow detection sites on the map. It was almost 5pm when I finished.

No comments: