Monday, December 27, 2004

Day 28

Started off the day by doing my GIS mapping job because no one was here yet and I don’t want to look so free. After lunchtime, I was given a job for the Centre Motorway Junction (CMJ) project. I have to make a few clear copies of the view that could be seen in the CCTVs installed near that section. These CCTVs are supposed to work perfectly in the sense that it could view every section of the highways. But, this situation changes after the construction of a few more bridges in that junction that subsequently blocked the view of some parts of the highways. Furthermore, the view of the emergency exits or stopovers in that junction should also be crystal clear from the CCTV. This sounds like an easy task but I was really struggling to deal with the roads in that particular junction. The spaghetti junction and the Grafton Gully are the two messiest junction in Auckland. As a newcomer to Auckland, I was having a hard time to deal with the complex intersections, flyovers and junctions. Went home at 4.30pm as a result of serious headache after looking through the complex maps.

No comments: