Monday, December 27, 2004

Day 18

Arrived at office at 8am sharp, worried that I’ll have a hard time of trying to stay awake again. Just when I was about to dig out some stuff to do, Mark walked in and he explained to me what RP is and showed me some references about it. Later, I was then asked to go to the CMS meeting with him on 13th floor. The CMS meeting was a discussion among the client (transit), the consultant (serco) and the contractor (signopsys) about the new CMS system. I realised that it is really hard and have to go through a lot of steps before reaching a mutual agreement among these three parties.After the meeting, I got a task of doing a slight “tidy up” job on the TMU shared costs project. It’s just basically running through all the items listed and then editing the unnecessary items on that list and tidying up the list again.I’ve got an interesting duty today. As the Christmas function for Transit is approaching, Mark being the member of the social club of this company has asked me to do him a favour. I was asked to look for the best deal of helium balloons. Without hesitating too long, I agreed. This is because I had the experience of organizing such function back in August for our Malam Malaysia. I straightaway called a few party hire companies around and compared the price quoted by each of them.I’ve completed my task now. It’s an easy task for me. Now I’m just waiting for more works to be given to me. (9/12) Went home at 3pm yesterday and had a 2 hour nap straight away. The reason I went home so early was that I have to finish up my additional hours gain in the first two weeks. Now, I still have 2 more hours to waste. I will have to go home earlier again either today or tomorrow. It depends!

No comments: