Thought of coming to work earlier so that I could go home earlier but unfortunately I arrived just on time for work. Straight away I went to see Stephen who was sick for 3 days last week. I showed him the graphs and the map of the fatal accident happened on North Western Highway (SH16) on the 3rd November 2004. He explained the pattern of the graph for me, and he further asked me to do some modification to the graph, as the data for 27th October was incomplete. Also, he asked me to find the exact location of the accident. I approached Mark for further information and he gave me the contact details of the persons that I’m supposed to talk to regarding the additional information for the graph and also the exact accident location. Now I’m just sitting here waiting for the additional data to be sent to me. In the meantime, I think I’m going to work on my practical work report again.Well, I do not have to get the additional data to substitute the incomplete data for the accident graphs anymore. This is because the discussion of this accident is on this afternoon and not tomorrow afternoon like what Stephen told me before. Hence, it is impossible to get the data off Teo and further update it in less than 1 hour. Well, at least I’ve made some progress in finding the actual location of the mishap.Grace, graduate engineer who is working on GIS mapping job, told me that I’d be given a whole tonnes of jobs on GIS and work as an assistant for her in GIS work. I was really glad when I hear it because a few of my friends are learning GIS or mapping stuff and I attended a few meetings about GIS and I was really attracted to the whole programme and system. But I’ll have to wait for another license to use the programme.After lunch, I did some fault detection updates for the Odyssey programme, which is under 28 days of performance testing. And then Mark handed over a new job for me. I was asked to do a spreadsheet to list down the problems encountered regarding the Odyssey programme. Furthermore, I would have to get a proof of the problems and file it appropriately. Currently waiting for Mark to check my work, he said I’d have to wait for another half an hour. Haha! That means it’s about at least one more hour to go.It’s 4.30pm, and it’s time to go home. I’ve done a simple converting Power Point file to PDF for my big boss, Terry Brown. So scary experience but I’m glad that he’s satisfied with what I’ve done. And it’s the first time I used Adobe Acrobat Distiller.
Monday, December 27, 2004
Day 21
Written by
Carolyn
at
2:29 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment